Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Interval Review:

Reviewed yesterday’s intervals (40 cards)

Sight Reading:
4/4 time, level 3 @ 75.

Also, 3/4, level @ 75

Fretboard Review:
76 correct, 4 incorrect (95%) @ in 2 minutes.


Warm-up/Technique:

Finger-stretching exercise - 1st position.

String Walking exercise (Pumping Nylon pg. 37) with i,m eight @ 113 bpm
String Walking exercise with m, l with eight notes @ 91 bpm.
String-Jumping 1st string to 5th string, 2nd string to 6th string @ 88 bpm

Right-Hand Velocity (pg. 63) with sixteenth notes @ 110 bpm rest & free.
l, m @97 bpm rest & free (slower than the 97 bpm I've been playing)
i, l @ 88 bpm

Synchronization Exercise (Pumping Nylon pg. 65) with i,m sixteenth notes 95 bpm.

l, m @ 83 bpm

Putting it all together
p. 67 Exercise - @ 80 with i, m.
@ 75 bpm l, m rest stroke

Scale Rhythmic Variation p. 68 @ 97 bpm i, m
@ 75 bpm l, m

Played etude @ 70 bpm with i, m.

Speed Burst pg. 69 Exercise 1 G & H @ 75 bpm i, m

Percussive Exercise
Played Nothin on You rhythm @ 90. Realized that there’s still something off. Decreased tempo to 70 and practiced slowly.


Repertoire:

Just the Way You Are (Bruno Mars cover)
Practiced @ 71 bpm, making sure that I’m only hitting the notes I need in the bar chord in the first measure. This is especially hard to do when switching from the Bb major chord back to the F chord.

Pica-Pica

Played with metronome on silent at 90 bpm, but it was hard to concentrate for some reason. Definitely didn’t get into the groove of the tune.

Estrellita




Samba Caribe
Part A measure 13-14 @ 60 bpm. Sounds solid.

Na Gafieira Do Vidigal
Played beginning to part A @ 70 bpm up to part C. Did well, but the speed is killing me. It’s so slow, I feel the spirit of the tune is gone. I was really tempted to play at full speed, and I did. It went fine, but I had to look at the fretboard at times (for the double-stop parts, the wrist position is a bit different, and I’m not so used to them; also for the artificial harmonics, the left hand fingers are supposed to be right over the frets, as opposed to a little to the left when playing normally). I reminded myself that I should get this part down perfectly at a slow tempo before playing at concert speed.

Triad Study:
Added G# minor in 1st inversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment