Sunday, March 6, 2011

Interval Review:

Reviewed intervals. I decided to add all the remaining cards at the same time, because I spend too much time each session figuring out which cards need to be added. So, I added about 30 cards to round out the high strings. From now on, I'll just add 5 or so cards a day, and that should do the trick within a week. I think I've been on this project for a bit longer than planned.

Sight Reading:
Level 3 4/4 @ 75 bpm.
I recently bought a very interesting book called simply The Rhythm Book, by Steve Savage. It is great for nondrummers - it starts from scratch and analyzes modern drumming in pop music.

In the beginning, it has some simple practice exercises. Somewhere in there, it suggests that it's a good idea to keep a mental track of the count. It was hard keeping the count while doing the latter exercise.

Delcamp Volume II pg. 61
@ 55

Fretboard Review:
79 correct, 2 incorrect (97%) @ in 2 minutes.
Increase to 7 frets tomorrow


Warm-up/Technique:


Finger-stretching exercise - 1st position.

String Walking exercise (Pumping Nylon pg. 37) wow! I didn't play for two days and I can only play at 108 bpm. Noticed that it is harder to nail the string closer to the bridge. Can only play at 95 bpm.
String Walking exercise with m, l with eight notes @ 85 bpm free
Rest stroke very difficult even @ 78.
String-Jumping 1st string to 5th string, 2nd string to 6th string @ 88 bpm

Right-Hand Velocity (pg. 63) with sixteenth notes @ 110 bpm rest & free.
l, m @95 bpm rest & free
i, l @ 91 bpm

Synchronization Exercise (Pumping Nylon pg. 65) with i,m sixteenth notes 95 bpm.

l, m @ 83 bpm

Putting it all together
p. 67 Exercise - @ 93 with i, m.
@ 75 bpm l, m rest stroke

Scale Rhythmic Variation p. 68 @ 100 bpm i, m
@ 77 bpm l, m

Played etude @ 70 bpm with i, m.

Percussive Exercise
Played Nothin on You rhythm @ 84

Repertoire:


Just the Way You Are (Bruno Mars cover)
Practiced @ 85. I want to get up to speed ASAP so I can find a singer.

Pica-Pica

Tried to make video, but too many mistakes, too nervous. Don't really know how I'll play in front of 50 classical guitarists tomorrow, but I'll just have to manage.

Estrellita
Same as Pica-Pica.

Samba Caribe
Played @ 65 once through. Sounds good!

Na Gafieira Do Vidigal
Played beginning to part A w/o metronome.

No comments:

Post a Comment